Computer running slowly.
Jump to content
Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:57 PM
First off, I'm going to need some info.
1. What are the specs of your computer? Please run Speecy and tell me what it finds. Download link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/
2. Are there any odd things happening to your computer? (Ex. Random things appearing on the desktop)
3. What OS are you using?
4. What is your default browser?
5. What antiviruses/ Anti-Malware programs do you use?
Please respond with the answers and I'll be glad to help you further.
Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:46 PM
Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:00 PM
Thank you for the information.
I will assume "google" is Google Chrome.
A few things you can do are below:
1. Install and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run a CUSTOM SCAN. Click "Scan" and choose "Custom Scan". Checkmark all drives on the machine and enable scanning for rootkits (Mid Left). Download link: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
2. Install and run AdwCleaner. This will help clear out junkware and adware from the computer. Download link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
3. Install AdBlock Plus. This will block ads and help prevent further infection. Download link: https://adblockplus.org/
Please send the logs of the scans.
Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:18 PM
Things seemed fine when I switched on my computer but then got a message about my router not being connected to the internet and to check out the reason why. I generally know when I have viruses on my computer by how it puts the icons up and these looked fine (this has happened a few times of late only to change again a day or two later) then got the message before my router had completely loaded up.
Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:24 PM
On restarting my computer I got the same problems as before with my icons.
Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:27 PM
Edited by Ant_Teh_Nee, 28 July 2016 - 07:28 PM.
Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:52 PM
With the icons when the computer loads up it can take a few seconds for them to show and then either jump, go white then normal colours after about 10-15 seconds or sometimes both. When I do not have viruses the icons load up straight away and are steady. Lately though it has looked fine then the next time restarting or starting up it does not without me having done anything except check e-mail.
Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:50 PM
Computer running slowly.
Running slowly how? Programs slow to open? Slow opening web pages? Navigation between pages slow? Anything else we need to know?
Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:59 PM
Computer slow to open/close, websites slow to load up completely. computer has frozen a few times in the last few months.
Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:08 PM
Sorry for being gone, I was busy.
I will mention that your computer specs seem like something that would make a computer slow. I've dealt with one like yours myself. Took 10 minutes just to login to Windows.
We'll keep testing this computer because you said it has only just started to be slow.
The following may be uninstalled from your computer if you experience extra lag.
Install Avast!. This will supplement Malwarebytes with protection and help remove more stubborn viruses. Install this and run a FULL SCAN. (Scan > Scan for viruses > Full System Scan) Keep in mind that I do not reccormend this often because of it's often laggy but deep running scans and real time protection. Please do not use your computer during this scan or your computer may freeze up. Download link: https://www.avast.com/download-software
Let me know what happens and send me the log.
Edited by Ant_Teh_Nee, 31 July 2016 - 01:09 PM.
Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:56 PM
I am not seeing anything that gives me the option to get a log of scan. There is meant to be a log history and more but none of it is showing up . Do not know if you need a premium membership to get these?. Slow computer not recent as I have been getting viruses on a regular basis for about 2 years now.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users