Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop for Singsnap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

I am currently looking to purchase a new laptop for my mother for her to use for the Karaoke type website "Singsnap". It would also be used for light web-browsing but I don't need it to be portable. Tried talking her into getting a desktop so I could build something for her, but there isn't room where the unit is going to go. It would need to be compatible with the Audiobox USB adapter she uses with her microphone. I would prefer a screen of atleast 14" and decent speakers and 3+ USB ports but those aren't deal-breakers. My price point is 200-300$.

The main thing I am trying to decide between at that price point is to get a grade B refurbished laptop or a Chromebook. This is the laptop I am currently looking at. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything better? Thanks!  :busy:

Edited by Trikein, 28 July 2016 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

Bump? Anyone have any news on the state of chromebooks now that chromium is being integrated into Android? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users