Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPad photo/video not showing on laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ray316

Ray316

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

First of all , hi everyone my names Ray and a Newbie on here hoping for answers to a problem ..
I have a laptop on Windows 7 and want to import photos/videos from my iPad Air onto the laptop, problem is this..
1..... When l connect the lead auto play shows on the laptop and on the iPad l click trust that comes up, my iPad is unlocked and l have a lot of photos and videos to import but my laptop says "No photos/videos were found on this device. ?

2. So now l click my computer go into portable devices and my iPad is shown,
I click internal storage onto DCIM file folders but no folders show up .. Nothing.

Now when l connect my iPhone to the laptop it works on auto play to import.. No problem
And when l go into portable devices and click iPhone internal storage ..click DCIM file folder it show all photos/ videos..
I cannot understand what's wrong or what to do so l'm asking for some help and l'm sure l've come to the right site for this... Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

I've heard this type of problem is most of the time related to the passcode. You should make sure that your iPad is unlocked before you plug it in. If that doesn't work, launch "Settings". Go to "Passcode", enter your passcode for verification, and turn passcode off. (This is presuming that you have iOS 9.) Remember to turn on your passcode after you're done!

Edit: If neither solution works, go to C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Photo Acquisition\PreviouslyAcquired.db and rename PreviouslyAcquired.db to PreviouslyAcquired.db.old. Please kindly note that view hidden files must be enabled. To turn show hidden files, follow this tutorial. (You don't need to un-hide protected operating system files.)

This is the original article telling you how to do so, but note the security certificate for the website has expired:

https://ardamis.com/2009/12/09/fixed-no-new-pictures-or-videos-were-found-on-this-device/

Edited by bwv848, 12 August 2016 - 02:17 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users