Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Gmail app be deleted to only use Inbox app on an android phone?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1reclaimed

1reclaimed

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

Hi people:

I've got an unrooted moto G 3rd generation that has an Gmail app and I have installed Googles Inbox app.

Now my question or problem is this does android 6.0 (MM) require an gmail install to operate correctly which in my case seems to be the correct answer.

I've tried deleting the Gmail system app and only using the Inbox app as I was getting two status bar hits one for Gmail and then one for Inbox.

Thanks for any consideration in this matter

Figured it out thanks anyway

Edited by 1reclaimed, 28 July 2016 - 07:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

Yes, I did it, although I'm not sure how completely removed it is.

Go to settings, find the section for apps.  Locate Gmail in the list of apps (if there are different tabs/categories, go to the "All" category), then click on Gmail.

Click "force stop" or similar, then "disable".  After that, you can also press "clear data" and "clear cache" to help free up space...if it allows that.

Let me know if that helps. :)

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users