Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE11 crash issue on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesy974

Jonesy974

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

I keep having an issue with Internet Explorer crashing. I'll get the little pop-up that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working". Then the page will reload and say "A problem with this page caused IE to close and re-open the tab".

I checked my error report and this is what I've got:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e39f

Faulting module name: igd11dxva32.dll, version: 20.19.15.4390, time stamp: 0x56c6336f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002f9ef

Faulting process id: 0xfdc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e88291373883

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igd11dxva32.dll

Report Id: 1f5c55d6-5ce4-4611-bf21-1dd0c9132c5d

Faulting package full name:

--------------------------------

IEXPLORE.EXE

5775e39f

igd11dxva32.dll

56c6336f

c0000005

0002f9ef

fdc

01d1e88291373883

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igd11dxva32.dll

1f5c55d6-5ce4-4611-bf21-1dd0c9132c5d

So basically the problem I have is that this goddamn igd11dxva32.dll is not right, and it continuously causes my IE to crash after random periods of time. 

I really need help with this. No matter how much I google I can find literally no information on this. I've seen plenty of people complaining about crashing on forums, but can find zero people who have reported this .dll file. 

I've tried the basic fixes: resetting IE, resetting IE and removing personal settings, running sfc to see if files are corrupted, disabling and re-enabling IE...nothing. Not a damn thing has fixed this issue, and it's driving me bananas. Somebody who has knowledge on this please help me.

I recently had to reset my Win10 and do a fresh install (keeping my personal files) because of a couple corrupt drivers in Windows and Nvidia, so I'd really love to not have to do another reset.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:18 AM

Running late for work - but give this a try.

igd11dxva32.dll is related to an Intel product - i suspect it's your graphics drivers.

Please:

- download a fresh copy of the latest, compatible Intel graphics drivers from the system manufacturer's website.

- uninstall the Intel graphics drivers from Control Panel...Programs and Features

- install the freshly downloaded drivers

- monitor for further problems.

If this doesn't fix it, post back here to let me know (I'll get an email notifying me that you've replied).

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Jonesy974

Jonesy974
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:29 AM

Alright well I did all of that. Uninstalled my Intel graphics driver. Complete uninstall. Went on the company page and downloaded the newest drivers.

I put it through some tests where I would normally get it to crash before.

On the plus side, it is working better than it previously was.  On the downside, it's not that much better and the crashing does still occur. 

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:09 AM

Let it crash 2 or 3 times, then immediately recover from the last crash and generate these 2 reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Edited by usasma, 29 July 2016 - 05:09 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Jonesy974

Jonesy974
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:06 AM

Ok. So I ran that scanner thing you linked.  The perfmon report didn't work, just was stuck on collecting data. But I do have that zipped folder for SysnativeFileCollectionApp that the original thread says to include, so I'll add that just in case you might need it.

Also stressed it and got it to crash a few times and saved that Admin report, so I'll attach that as well.

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

The Admin log file shows possible problems with your BIOS/CPU

Also noted are some Intel graphics driver problems in Internet Explorer

As you've updated the Intel drivers, the next thing is to check on the BIOS/UEFI updates.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version CDCN35WW) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).
You may also want to try these free hardware diagnostics: 

Only 6 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

FYI - I have a Lenovo Y700 and it spits out an error on the Intel graphics every time that it runs the diagnostics

You may want to try those diagnostics on your system

Beyond that there doesn't seem to be any regular reported problems related to this in the reports.

As such, my main suspicion is a hardware error (this includes compatibility and low-level driver errors also).

Good luck!

#7 Jonesy974

Jonesy974
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

Ok. I went on the Lenovo page. Grabbed the latest BIOS update. Turns out it's already the current version I have. 

From the looks of it, everything in my Windows Update is up-to-date as well.  Idk if re-installing W10 recently is the reason why I have so few updates in the log. But going into settings and checking for Windows updates didn't pull anything up. Say's I'm all caught up on updates.

Haha, glad to see I'm not the only person with a Lenovo Y700 that liked to have weird errors and crap all the time.

Edited by Jonesy974, 31 July 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:50 AM

Sorry, I forgot the link to the free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Run them all and this'll he

I do not know of a way that I can check to see if you have enough Windows Updates.

What I can check is the number of hotfixes (in the systeminfo.txt report)

A hotfix can contain multiple updates, or it can contain just one update.

Add to this the fact that each system is different, so the updates for one may not apply to another.

As such, I use the number of hotfixes as an indicator to suggest checking for updates.

But, the only true gauge (that I know of) is to try and update.  If there are no updates, then you must have them all (as long as you don't get errors).

#9 DamPayne

DamPayne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

Go into IE Internet Options (Tools).

Advanced Tab. Tick use software rendered graphics instead of GPU under Accelerated Graphics Heading.

I believe the crashing will stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users