Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macbook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 azisel

azisel

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

Im just browsing the internet and reading, but not even 2 hours yet, its already hot on the keyboard and bottom side. Is it dirty/dusty inside and needs internal cleaning? does it need upgrade? Running from the background is iStat 5, avira antivirus and im browsing the web with safari. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:07 PM

Probably just needs a cleaning. The small opening to the thermal sink gets clogged with dust/hair. Do you find the laptop is running slower or just hotter? What ever you do though, don't blow the dust into the laptop..That can make it worse. Instead, you need to open the case and blow it out.  Try this guide. Just be careful and take your time. 

#3 azisel

azisel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

Probably just needs a cleaning. The small opening to the thermal sink gets clogged with dust/hair. Do you find the laptop is running slower or just hotter? What ever you do though, don't blow the dust into the laptop..That can make it worse. Instead, you need to open the case and blow it out.  Try this guide. Just be careful and take your time. 

Yeah it seems like it is getting slower nowadays. Okay I will open it once I get my tools lol. I am also planning to upgrade it pretty soon just waiting for enough $$$. What else can you suggest?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:53 AM

You have a more active topic on the same issue here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621344/what-is-the-ideal-temperature-of-a-cpuinside-the-macbook-pro/

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

~ OB :cherry:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 July 2016 - 03:54 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users