Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation problem on Dos based HP Notebook - 15-ay007tx

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mnp343

mnp343

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

intel i5(6th gen)
4gb DDR4
2gb graphics
free Dos 2.0

" FRESH WINDOWS INSTALLATION FIRST TIME ON NEW LAPTOP WHICH CONTAINED DOS INSTALLED"

I tried installing win7.  It told me kind of usb drivers missing and like that.

I tried with win 8.1. Following thing happened.

https://postimg.org/image/nwzff7ozz/

How to install any windows over that?

"Please don't suggest any forums, already visited upto 3 pages/search with 10 different google searches."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

When you boot Windows 7 at the first screen where it asks what language to install press Shift + F10. This will open an command prompt window.

Type the following the commands.

diskpart    This will open the diskpart command window

list disk

select disk X    The disk you wish to install Windows 7 or 8.1 to. According to your specs you have USB 3 ports. Windows 7 does not have native USB 3 drivers. Those will have to be installed after Windows 7 is installed.

clean                This will delete the partition table and set up the Windows 7 install. If the install still fails I would recommend you substitute the command clean all . This will zero out the drive but for a 1TB drive it will take some time to complete. This will wipe all data on the drive and make anything unrecoverable.

convert GPT    Note: This command is only needed if your firmware is UEFI and not a regular BIOS. You can check this by tapping   Esc at boot. I think you may have UEFI if this is a late model computer. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03801890#AbT2, If UEFI is not enabled then enable it if there is a setting. 

exit                  Exits out of diskpart

exit                  Exits out of command prompt

Press next. Follow the clean install steps here. You do not need to delete any partitions as shown as those are deleted with Clean

I have never seen a computer with these specs have FreeDos installed as an OS. Very unusual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users