Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latest java update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

Don't know if anyone else had this problem but updated java and computer froze.Had

to restart and froze again after a couple of minutes.Finally got task manager to open and found 100% on cpu and disk.Also said over 5000 processes were running.

Scrolled down and they were all java startup.Uninstalled java and all back to normal.

No more java of course.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

Do you actually have a need for Java?

--- Actually you will be notified if Java is needed if what you are doing does need it.

--- If you do need it, post back.

My brother needs Java on his computer since he plays Pogo games.

--- His computer runs fine including playing his Pogo games.

In his show hidden icons, as of this past Tuesday maybe Wednesday Java is present and reports java update available.

--- I refused to update it in that manner and told him to let Win10 updates do it when they do so according to their schedule.

--- He already has prior Java updates via Win10 updates.

I can't say that is the exact answer to your issue but I'm letting you know what works on my brother's computer

--- I don't have Java on my Win10 computer because I don't need it.

#3 landscaper

landscaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:16 AM

I don't need it and won't install it but was wondering why that happened.Thanks for the response.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

"Also said over 5000 processes were running." could be the culprit. Don't know why but at least you are ok now.

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

I need to apologize for a statement I made in post #2 in case someone else will expect to rely on it

"He already has prior Java updates via Win10 updates"

That is a mistake on my part: for some reason I had Adobe Flash Player on my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users