Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"YOUR COMPUTER NEEDS TO BE CLEANED" ON FACEBOOK

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Metalmachine

Metalmachine

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. This message I keep getting on facebook is only on my work computer. I login and get "Your computer needs to be cleaned" I have tried everything to get rid of this thing or bypass it (including the old thread on this forum) and nothing seems to work. I have followed every instructional on youtube and every post and nothing works. I have ESET which supposedly partnered with FB to combat this issue and I have Malwarebytes. I have no idea how all this started to begin with. One day everything was fine and the next day here I am. Does anybody know how to permanently fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Clean all cookies referencing FaceBook from your browser.

Example Chrome

Go to Tools Menu
Click on Options
Click on Under the Hood
Under Privacy section select Show Cookies
A new window will open called Cookies Here you can see all the cookies in the Chrome Browser.
Highlight the Facebook related cookies and click Remove
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Metalmachine

Metalmachine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hi boopme,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I tried that several times originally but it didn't work. So I just removed Chrome completely and installed firefox but still get the same thing. Even of IE as well.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

Lets get a deeper look than and see where it is,, We will need a new topic..
Start at Step 6... Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Metalmachine

Metalmachine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Okay, I followed step 6 and did the scan. You want me to start a whole new topic? Or you want me to cut and paste the scan result here?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

New topic as step 7 explains. Thanks

Edited by boopme, 27 July 2016 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users