Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build BSoD nvidia issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nibcab311

nibcab311

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

I am having some trouble with my new build

This is only my second pc that I have built. The first one went together without a problem. I have been fighting this for about a week. I just reformatted and did a fresh windows install for the 4th time. 

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NVLDDMKM.SYS) is the error that showed up with the bluescreen. 

Please let me know what I need to get this running. 

Thanks guys!

I have 2 minidump files that i just added

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   387.58KB   1 downloads

Attached File  perfmon1.zip   130.48KB   1 downloads

Attached File  bsod2.jpg   83.54KB   0 downloads

Attached File  minidump1.png   31.86KB   0 downloads

Attached File  minidump2.png   19.96KB   0 downloads

· OS - Windows 10
·  x64 ?
· What was original installed OS on system? win 10
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? I bought the windows disk and installed it
· Age of system (hardware) brand new
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 4 times

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card

· Power Supply - EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Desktop

Edited by nibcab311, 27 July 2016 - 06:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1206) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Only 1 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

I get the feel that this is either a hardware, compatibility, or low-level driver issue.

The first step with a new build is to strip the system down to the basics and see if that works.
Here's a link to help with that:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

The most common problem that I have in builds is with connections.
The first thing I do is check each and every single connection in the system buy unplugging it and then plugging it back in securely (using proper anti-static/power precautions)..

Beyond this I have these 5 suggestions:
1.  Get ALL available Windows Updates.  It may take several trips to get them all
2.  Get ALL available, compatible updates for your OS from the manufacturer's website (to include BIOS/UEFI).
3.  Get ALL available, compatible updates for the programs and any additional hardware installed on your computer from the developer's website
4.  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
5.  If all of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Edited by usasma, 27 July 2016 - 09:01 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users