Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Get The Mic To Work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 megalo

megalo

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:52 AM

I am currently using the onboard Realtek High Definition Audio sound card which has the most updated drivers from intels website. Right here

By the way, my motherboard is the intel d915pbl motherboard and this has been a problem since day one.

I've gone through every sound option I could think of in windows and I just can't get the mic to work.

And Lastly, the mic is plugged into the back of the PC.

Edited by megalo, 14 August 2006 - 12:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

Have you gone through the BIOS and looked for a setting change that will activate this feature?

Is there a front mic input as well as in the back? If so, perhaps only one of them works. Try them both and see.

Does the mic work in a different computer? You need to know this for SURE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 megalo

megalo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

Have you gone through the BIOS and looked for a setting change that will activate this feature?

I have been through the BIOS many times and there are only 2 options for the onboard audio.

One is entitled "Onboard Audio" and has two options Disable and Enable.

The second option asks if I want the Front Panel HD Audio enabled or Disabled and since it came enabled thats the way I have left it.

Is there a front mic input as well as in the back? If so, perhaps only one of them works. Try them both and see.

Yes, there are front audio inputs but I do not have that connected to the motherboard so they do not work.

Does the mic work in a different computer? You need to know this for SURE.

Yes the mic does work on other computers and it worked on this computer but when I had my Creative X-fi Platinum sound card installed.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

The second option asks if I want the Front Panel HD Audio enabled or Disabled and since it came enabled thats the way I have left it.

Yes, there are front audio inputs but I do not have that connected to the motherboard so they do not work.

Now I am a little confused. If you do not have the front audio inputs connected, why are they enabled in the BIOS? Perhaps disabling this feature will help? I don't know.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users