Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I fix a power supply problem in my laptop?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ODINGAH

ODINGAH

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

How can I fix a power supply problem in my laptop?

Last night, I left my laptop to charge but when I wake up in the morning I found that my laptop was not charging any more and my decoder and t.v. box were spoiled too, I guess this is due to power fluctuation because my neighbor's next door light bulb blew up the same night.
This morning when I tried to charge the laptop, it was charging for about a second and again it stops charging for about 2-3 minutes. 
I tried to uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method, and reinstall it. It then charged for about a hour then, stops charging again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Please post back with the make and model of your laptop.

You say your TV and decoder were "spoiled". what do you mean by this - were they totally destroyed or did they merely switch themselves off ?  If they were totally destroyed then it is very possible your laptop is also, you don't say if it still runs or not !

You can check the charger unit to see if it is still working at all if you have a multimeter of any sort, or can borrow one. Basic meters are not even expensive if you have to buy one. Plug the charger into the wall and switch it on, unplugged from the computer. Set the meter to a range greater than 20V, hold the black lead against the outer conductor at the computer end of the charger and put the red lead inside the connector. If the unit is working you should get a voltage reading of between 18 and 20V.

Post back.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users