Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Support with choosing the best optional Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

First of all hello.

I've posted already a post about asking if some GPU can work on my PC.

Now I've got another question, which is: "What can be the best optional Graphis card for my computer to give 100% of my PC's performance" (could simply add a comment with this question to my previous post but the "read before posting" said I should post a new post about each new question)

now, I have a Core 2 quad Q8400 @2.66Ghz CPU and with my GPU which is GT630 1GB (nvidia) my CPU is not getting over 30% usage while my GPU is already on 99%

Here are my full specifications:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz

GPU: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (NVIDIA)

RAM:‎ 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

HDD: 232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

MotherBoard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM (Socket 775)

PSU: ZM450-GS Siwtching power supply ZALMAN (Had to open the case and read ;-;)

CASE:not sure, with measuring I got 40cm width (inside) 40+/-2.5 Height(outside) (inside should be -2.5cm)

I'm ok with Radeon and Nvidia's GPU's. the option I've looked up for is the GTX750TI 2GD5 (Nvidia) Video card.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 27 July 2016 - 03:29 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:38 AM

GTX750Ti is overpriced IMO as it's previous generation technology. I'd go with AMD RX 460, launch date currently unknown but two weeks?

#3 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

AMD RADEON R9 380 is other choice.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#4 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

GTX750Ti is overpriced IMO as it's previous generation technology. I'd go with AMD RX 460, launch date currently unknown but two weeks?

Thanks, actually looks like a great option.. GPU is for sure too powerful for my PC but for its price.. why not? btw, just checked they say 460 will release tomorrow

This GPU looks like way too powerful for my PC.. and its price..

#5 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,398 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

Perhaps tomorrow, perhaps later. Hard to say about those release dates that are usually rumours.

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Thanks, actually looks like a great option.. GPU is for sure too powerful for my PC but for its price.. why not? btw, just checked they say 460 will release tomorrow

This GPU looks like way too powerful for my PC.. and its price..
It will support your pc. And it cheap too(R9 380) under $200.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#7 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

Thanks, but I'll take the RX 460 option

Edited by hamluis, 29 July 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#8 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

No problem RX 460 is good.

Edited by hamluis, 29 July 2016 - 11:10 AM.

Be happy, always try
for it

#9 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

Perhaps tomorrow, perhaps later. Hard to say about those release dates that are usually rumours.

And release date is not the only thing that matters. It also matters whether or not it is in stock. For new graphics cards that are in high demand (has been the case for the GTX 1080 and seems to be the case for the RX 480), "scalpers" will buy them up and then re-sell them at higher prices.

Newegg currently shows all the RX 480 cards as out of stock...at least those actually sold by Newegg. There are a couple third party sellers that offer them for about double the price that Newegg is selling them...when they have stock.

#10 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

And release date is not the only thing that matters. It also matters whether or not it is in stock. For new graphics cards that are in high demand (has been the case for the GTX 1080 and seems to be the case for the RX 480), "scalpers" will buy them up and then re-sell them at higher prices.

Newegg currently shows all the RX 480 cards as out of stock...at least those actually sold by Newegg. There are a couple third party sellers that offer them for about double the price that Newegg is selling them...when they have stock.

I'm looking for the RX 460, its as powerful as GTX750TI (maybe alittle better) In 2016, I dont think many will buy the RX460, because people who purchase parts on the first day of its release won't buy such weak GPU (compared to other GPU's)

#11 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,398 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

Exactly, release date could mean paper launch or launch with very few cards. RX 480 was present in huge numbers at launch, thanks to virtually endless manufacturing capacity. So RX 4X0 availability is expected to improve quickly. For GTX 10X0, Nvidia just don't have enough manufacturing capacity as TMSC has many customers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users