Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display on monitor not flush to bezel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 doodah12

doodah12

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hi,

I built a computer for my son, windows 7 pro, with core i5-4430, Gigabyte geForce GTX 950 videocard, Asus VS207D-P monitor.

The monitor is correctly identified by windows, and the videocard has latest drivers.

The problem is there is a very thin black border around any output on the monitor, the output does not go flush to the bezel of the monitor.

I've reset the monitor to default, checked resolution in  display settings, everything seems correct.

I checked the monitor on my other computer, and the display goes flush to the bezel, so it's not a monitor issue.

Is there a default for the videocard in nVidia control center, don't know why display won't fully display on the monitor.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

Does the ASUS monitor have manual adjustments? I can move my Samsung monitor display manually and make it look off center.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 doodah12

doodah12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

It does have manual adjustments, but it's not the monitor, it was reset to default, and when I checked it on another computer the display looked correct, the display went all the way to the edges of the bezel. It has to be some kind of Windows, or graphics card setting, just can't figure it out.

Does the ASUS monitor have manual adjustments? I can move my Samsung monitor display manually and make it look off center.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

If you boot into BIOS, does the display take up the entire screen then? 

Also, what do you have your video output settings to? 

#5 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:44 AM

If you are using an analogue connection (15 pin VGA or DVI-A)  then it is normal for computer video outputs to vary between different computers & this is normally adjusted out on the monitor (possibly by using the "auto" function) - this is why monitors have adjustments. If you look at the monitor adjustments and find that the "auto", "vertical position" and "horizontal position" adjustments are available to you then you will be using an analogue connection - they are normally non functional when using a digital connection.

If you are using a DVI-D or DisplayPort digital connection then the monitor should not require any adjustment & the image should just fill the screen,

If you are using an digital HDMI connection to a TV then display scaling adjustment (on the PC or the TV) seems to be generally required & this can generally be found in the AMD/Intel/Nvidia video card drivers - this function will generally not be available on the more generic Microsoft provided drivers. I have never used a monitor with an HDMI connection so I don't know if this also applies to monitors.

Edited by rqt, 27 July 2016 - 02:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users