Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Musicmatch Jukebox

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:02 PM

I'm using Musicmatch Jukebox 8.1 Plus (I paid to upgrade to Plus so-as to be able to burn mp3's!). Everything in MMJB program running OK except unable to burn mp3's. No problem burning "normal" CD's. When I try to burn mp3's, things start normally, but a few minutes in, I get a MMJB error window indicating an illegal operation has occured and MMJB must close. The error message details are gibberish to me.
I've tried to resolve this by email with Musicmatch. They first directed me to remove the program (in Control Panel) and then delete all MMJB files, then reinstall the program. I've done that twice, it's a pain, and no help. They then asked me to change some of the settings (burn priority, etc.) and to attempt burn at 1X with only one song; no help. Apparently they've run out of patience with me and are suggesting that I should purchase 9.0 Plus, which I actually would do if I was certain it would work.
Computer otherwise running OK and I've several GB's of free space. I only want to burn mp3's to back up my 1000 song library. Can anyone offer suggestions as to what is wrong? Thanks in advance. Twinsdad.
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:16 PM

Hi, twinsdad.
Similar problems at this PC. Paid for the "key" to upgrade the software that came with my CD-RW. B's RecorderGold5. It worked fine, now it doesn't. No response from the company. Reading literature indicates perhaps a problem exists that payin' for another upgrade would resolve. iTunes & XP CD Writing also fail, though. It's been my one black spot in the ongoin' discovery path I'm on regarding XP. So, I too am stumped, with 14,000 songs on CD's I'd burned when it worked and I generally give playlists as gifts to family & friends. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:43 PM

MMJB was on my computer when I got it. Like you, I paid for the upgrade. Never had anything, but problems. Fought with it for about a month, finally had enough.
I uninstalled MMJB, and went with 2 free program recommended on another board, I belonged to.
Never looked back. Haven't had a single problem, since.

Deepburner - to burn music
dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP) - to listen to music

Two free programs that will take care of just about all, of your burning, and listening needs.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 twinsdad

twinsdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

You folks are very cool. My first time here with a post of a problem and in a few minutes the first reponse tells me I'm not alone and the second provides a path to something that works (maybe for me too). Thank you both. Twinsdad
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

Thank you twinsdad, it's been buggin' me for quite some time, too. I'm off to the deepburner for more trial & error. :thumbsup: The dbPowerAmp has been a good friend for a long time, the only free program that let's me burn cassetttes & albums directly to HD as .mp3.... considering my decades of collecting, thats :flowers:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 twinsdad

twinsdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:12 PM

tq1911: You're the man! I downloaded and installed DeepBurner; took maybe 5 minutes. Took me another 5 to figure things out and not much longer to mp3 burn a bunch of tunes (maybe 100MB) for a test. Stuffed the CD in my cheapo mp3 player and heard my music!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess you know what I'll be doing for the next few hours (the backups I should have been doing all along). Many many thanks. Twinsdad.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:29 PM

Your welcome.
I've been using both, for over a year now. Haven't had the first problem with either one.
Glad it worked out for you.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users