Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a speedy laptop that can multitask

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrtubs

mrtubs

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hi

I currently own an acer Aspire 5750, I have had it a fair time now and it is driving me crazy due to it's slowness especially when trying to do more than one thing at once. I am often left waiting when I get messages such as "Microsoft word is not responding" or outlook is not responding or any other number of programs.

My current laptop has an intel core i7 2630qm and 4gb RAM. I run windows 10. it has a 16" screen.

For my new laptop:

I do not do any gaming, but I need this laptop to be fast and still be fast when doing several things at once. I will quite often be downloading some films, converting some video files, burning a disk and browsing the net at the same time.

I was tempted by the Microsoft surface pro 4, especially due to it's portability. However am put off by the small screen and lack of hard drive storage space.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I live in the UK.

Thanks

Ian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

This page will be helpful for you http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/laptops/1402937/best-laptop-2016-windows-10-buying-guide-and-top-picks
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

Your laptop is actually not that weak. Maybe upgrading your current one might be the better/cheaper option if it's something you're comfortable with. Uping to 8GB of RAM and putting in a SSD would do wonders.

Also, the windows hanging and failing to load stuff thing is partly just a windows 10 problem and not a  "my laptop is to weak" problem. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#4 mrtubs

mrtubs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, I will pop to the pc shop and find out how much they would charge to upgrade to SSD and 8GB Ram

#5 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:23 PM

Thanks, I will pop to the pc shop and find out how much they would charge to upgrade to SSD and 8GB Ram

They shouldn't charge you more then 200$

. A entry level 120GB SSD is between 35$ and 55$ (240GB are 60$ to 100$), and the ram should be around 40$. Prices vary for labor, but shops normally charge 50$, outa-the-house-bargin guys charge 20$, and more pricey shops will charge 100$ for labor. 

Edited by SEANIA, 27 July 2016 - 06:25 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users