Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UPDATE - Wireless adapter keeps disconnecting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scott3232

Scott3232

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hi all, I posted a couple weeks ago about a problem I was having with my wireless adapter disconnecting (or showing no connections available after being connected for several hours).  One way that I'm reconnecting is right click the internet icon in the bottom right corner, open networks and connections, and going through the network troubleshooter.  It seems to reconnect me quickly by resetting the adapter.  Why does this keep happening and is there something I can do to fix this?

I'm using a Netgear wireless router WNA3100.

Thanks,

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

Have you tried the wireless adapter in a back port yet? 

#3 Scott3232

Scott3232
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

I think I did but I can try again.

#4 Scott3232

Scott3232
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

It's still disconnecting periodically.  Not to mention the quality most of the time was pretty poor. I moved it back to the front.  Google Chrome has been causing me a lot of problems and I also noticed my cpu memory is running off the charts (at least 87%)...  Something is really bogging me down... I wonder if the computer itself is having issues due to age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users