Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card upgrading support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

First of all, Hello.

I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card which is GT-630 1GB(NVIDIA) to GTX 750TI 2GB (full specifications/models/etc will be shown below)

Now, I've checked a little but I'm not exactly sure if it'll fit to my computer about the wattage,MB,CPU. Now, If you could tell me if it'll fit, it would help, and if not I would really appriciate if somebody could recommend the perfect GPU for it (Nvidia preferred, accepting AMD too)

Here are my full specifications:

CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz

GPU:1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (NVIDIA)

RAM:‎4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

HDD:232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

MotherBoard:ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM (Socket 775)

PSU: ZM450-GS Siwtching power supply ZALMAN (Had to open the case and read ;-;)

CASE:not sure, with measuring I got 40cm width (inside) 40+/-2.5 Height(outside) (inside should be -2.5cm)

The GPU I'm looking for is:

Asus GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 its link 

Or in amazon - (where I'm going to purchase it - shipping to israel) link

Thanks for help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:55 AM

That GPU you are wanting will work with the motherboard as they are both PCI-Express x16.  You need a 300W power supply for that graphics card.  It should work, so long as your PC's case is large enough.

3939.png

#3 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:01 AM

That GPU you are wanting will work with the motherboard as they are both PCI-Express x16.  You need a 300W power supply for that graphics card.  It should work, so long as your PC's case is large enough.

Thanks, my PSU is 450W so I'm fine.. problem solved (Lock the topic if you're the one to do it) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users