Clicking no longer functions properly. Here is the behavior:
- Left Click on anything (window, shortcut, etc) in or on a window or desktop and nothing happens.
- Click a second time and nothing will happen (usually).
- Click a third time and then whatever you were trying to do works. For example clicking on the Window close button (X) works the third time but not the first two.
- Attemping to place the focus in another window fails the first time and works the second time. It is actually happening as I am typing this.
- Right-click where appropriate always works every time.
This started 4 days ago and I suspected a virus. Ran Malwarebytes - clean. Ran Windows Defender Full Scan - took hours but came up clean.
The next day I worked more on the computer, restarting several times and finally it stopped this behavior. I didn't do anything unusual, it just went back to normal. The computer functioned normally for 2 more days and now on the 4th day it is back to not functioning properly.
CPU loads are normal, most times it sits at 1%. Memory usage is normal 2.5/15.9 GB, no unusual read/write to either drives (C - 256GB SSD), (D - 1.0TB).
Asus i7-4770 @3.40GHz, Windows 10, 16GB RAM, wireless mouse (fresh batteries)
Any help greatly appreciated