Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clicked a bitly skype virus link from my friend, what do i do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mattwild1234

mattwild1234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:36 PM

Earlier I got sent one of those skype virus links, and now I'm worried that my computer is compromised. What do I do to remove it?

the link i clicked was bit_ly/2aliQQZ?41227=mattwildtheman

removed the . and replaced with an underscore so nobody clicks it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattwild1234

mattwild1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

bump, still need help.

#3 Ant_Teh_Nee

Ant_Teh_Nee

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I have a few questions before we get started.

1. Was it a random person who had sent you the link? What had they said or was it just the link?

2. What OS do you use?

3. Is anything odd happening to your computer? (Ex. CPU usage spikes or Random files appearing on Desktop)

4. Has your Skype asked for any privileges since clicking the link? Has your account done anything weird since clicking the link? 

So far I can guess that it may have been an IP grabber, Keylogger download, malware link, or something to steal Skype info.

Please answer these questions and I'll be glad to help you further.

Happy Surfing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users