I am coming here today with an issue about my new laptop. It is an ASUS ROG GL552V laptop. Really nice performance, no complaints there. However, Windows 10 just seems to keep giving it issues from what I can tell. It keeps disconnecting from WiFi to the point where I have to wait minutes before I can even get a signal, or I have to restart my computer/router. This, as a result, disconnects me from doing whatever I wanted to do like playing a game or just browsing stuff. It happens every couple of minutes, and it is getting really annoying. I have gone from forum to forum looking for fixes, and none of them have completely eliminated the issue. Aside from the issues with this particular computer, every other device of mine works on the WiFi without any issues at all. Just so you guys know what I have done, these are the steps that I have taken:
1. I've rolled back the drivers of the router in hopes that it would fix the issue. No luck there.
2. The "fix" that everyone seems to recommend, which is going into the properties of the router and disabling the power saving options under power management, which are checked by default. No luck there. (I have gone down the list and unchecked any listed item that would allow me to turn off its power saving features.)
3. I have gone into advanced power plan options, and changed the wireless/WiFi tab to "Maximum Performance" on both plugged and unplugged. No luck there.
4. I have checked my computer for any driver updates pertaining to the router, and there was no luck there.
5. Obviously resetting my router multiple times in frustration.
No matter what I do, nothing seems to be working on this brand new computer. I am starting to grow tired of being unable to use it except for forum lurking about the issue. I would rather not have to buy a brand new version of Windows 7 if this has anything to do with Windows 10. So, guys, I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this problem and direct me to any potential fixes.
The router that I have is a Netgear N600, if it helps.
Thanks so much for your help!