Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia: This graphic driver could not find compatible graphics hardware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anhpound

anhpound

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I have 1year old MSI 2qe Apache Pro and was working fine until recently (windows 10). The laptop has 2 graphic cards: Intel HD graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX960M. 2 days ago while opening a game i noticed a massive fps drop compared to what used to be (from 120 to 20). From there, I realised that the nvidia graphic card didnt work.

I downloaded the nvidia driver but it shows:
"Nvidia Installer cannot continue
This graphic driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I tried googling, but none of the solutions seemed to work. Initially, in device manager only under "show hidden devices" nvidia was visible, but I formatted the laptop and it is not there anymore.

I found a possible solution that requires the usage of hardware id, however all of pages and videos I've seen extracted that id from the device manager. Anyone knows what to do know? Any other solutions or the ways to get that hardware id?

I tried formatting, updating bios, downloading newest drivers, using DDU and some other minor stuff. Anything related to Nvidia softwares, drivers show me error as above or something similar.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

You need to get to the control panel. I am reasonably sure that Win key +x will bring up a menu which includes control panel, at least it did on one I was working on a week ago. then 'System - Device manager'.

When device manage opens, scroll down to 'Display adapters', expand this entry then double click on your nVidia device. This should open the nVidia properties box, then click on the tab 'Details'. This has a drop down menu at the top and clicking on the down pointing arrow you should see an entry 'Device ids'. Select this and your device ids should appear in the larger text box below the drop down menu.

If they don't, post back !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 anhpound

anhpound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply! That's the thing, There are no Nvidia in the device manager. Before the format that I did today, I still could see the device if I checked "show hidden devices". After the format, however, it is gone. The only device i see atm is the intel one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users