Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Now I find out...Fujitsu not recommending Windows 10, bricked PC

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 180pilot

180pilot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Ok, If I missed any threads on this, bare with me.

I see many on internet with same dead PC's after trying "free" install of Win. 10

What I didn't know after contacting Fujitsu, they are not recommending Windows 10 on their machines.

I Downloaded win 10 dvd and started the upgrade two days ago.  Sometime later I had a non-responsive

hunk of glass and plastic.....It seems to be stuck somewhere between Win 7 and 10, after it messed with the partitions. All I get are either the win7 or win10 repair windows.

My E752 laptop refuses to boot from DVD drive, with correct Bio setting or with the F12 button.  Ran; diskpart

scannow, and checkdisk  for volume C and D from Win. 10 repair screen.  I get a choice on boot of  win 7 or win 10 but only get repair and utility function. If shows D , does not contain a recognized file system, RAW,.. C said could not perform the requested operation.

Appears if I will have to remove the SSD drive, put in USB enclosure and recover it from my other laptop's DVD drive.   Waiting for recovery disks from Fujisu ( $60) they didn't come with new machine????   One sata enclosure I have for HDD, not sure if it would work with SSD, manufacturer, Apricorn did not know because it's 10 yrs. old.... and new enclosures that say will work with SSD look to be inexpensive.

:exclame: What I don't know is if the windows recovery disks from Fujitsu, can be directed to another drive or will they only detect one mounted on machine?   Anyone know?  

Only files the  damaged machine will boot are Fujitsu's  Recovery and Utilites, or Win 10 repair screens, all of which say drive partitions are scrambled.  I've got  graphics and pointer working on this recovery screen so somethings are still working.    

Got to Cmd.exe on recovery page and did diskpart,  it shows D drive re-formatted to RAW  and  an E partition showed, up which I never had. C is almost empty.  Diagnostic cannot read DVD drive.. Tried to boot from Linux DVD and it started, then showed errors in finding graphics items it needed..But, now, will not even start to boot.  Put a Windows 7 Home OEM, ( Pro was on dead machine),   disk in and it keeps making ratcheting noises as if looking for something.. but diagnostic for DVD drive still throws  2206 code. "Suspected troubled part", Laptop in service since 1/5/16 and no trouble with DVD player before this..

Any help or insight on this nightmare,welcome.

Edited by 180pilot, 25 July 2016 - 07:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 180pilot

180pilot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

This is interesting, and may just underscore the lack of integrity of the industry.  The Fujitsu tech I talked to was in Costa Rica, who said Fujitsu did not recommend Win 10 for their PC's. Because of driver issues...  Hmmm,  the Fujitsu support site has been down a few days and was back up today.  Support page for my machine shows a whole bunch of Windows 10 drivers to download.............

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

IMO the Fujitsu disks will only be warranted to restore a system that's in the factory original condition.
While it may work on the SSD, they won't warrant it.

But, it sounds like you're having some other problems other than just the Windows install.

I'd suggest running these bootable hardware diagnostics first:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 180pilot

180pilot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

Machine is not under warranty any longer?? If that' what you mean?   What I'm not sure of is if I can direct Bios of good machine to boot from damaged machine's SSD in an enclosure to do the repair.  Restoring it to factory Win Pro is the objective after I try using a 3rd party recover program to get some files off the D drive that the Win 10 upgrade converted to RAW.  

I have all files backed up on another HDD but unfortunely they are 4 weeks old. (time flies)...would like to get some more current files off SDD before re-format with recovery disks.

About your "diagnostic" programs,  I already can see the problem using Diskpart from the Cmd.exe that is one of few tools still available on damaged laptop via Win 10 repair utility that is one of two things it will boot to, the other being Win 7 repair utility..

Edited by 180pilot, 27 July 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

No, I'm talking about the disks that you ordered from Fujitsu.  If you use their recovery disks, then it's up to you to make sure that the disk works.

I would think that your first priority is to recover data off the drive.

Try this free program:  http://www.runtime.org

It will tell you what it can recover - then it'll want money if you want to use it (but you'll know what it can recover at that point).

There are free programs out there that can also do this (I recall one named PCInspector.de) - but it's much more complicated to use.  That's why I started using the Runtime tool - it was so much easier than the PCInspector one.

Once the data is recovered, then we can proceed with the reinstall.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Hello, 

I am Fujitsu owner too. I use Windows 10 now. I have problems with drivers too because Windows update changes a lot of oem drivers. That's why Fujitsu doesn't recommend use Windows 10. 

Have You resolved this problem with the laptop ? 

Regards 

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

What was the original OS on the computer? If you can backup your personal files you may be able to do a factory reset if the recovery partition is intact.  You would need to reinstall all your programs since purchase.

#8 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

I have orginal systems on cd. Orginal was Windows 8, but I have also Windows 7. 

JohnC_21 what do You think about Windows 10 ? now I don't know what say about this system. 

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

If Fujitsu says that the computer does not support Windows 10 I would not use it especially if you are having driver issues. I would go back to 8 with the disks after backing up your data. If you have 8 and not 8.1 you will need top update through the store.

You can also do a clean install of Windows 8.1 using the Media Creation Tool but you would need to find your drivers for 8.1 as the disk does not include some drivers for your computer such as the Wifi driver.

#10 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

Fujitsu says that the computer support Windows 10 ! Problem is that drivers which are on the Fujitsu webside are changing by windows update. The drivers from Windows update are newer than Fujitsu. I asked about this situation Fujitsu Support and I got info that only drivers from Fujitsu are correct. I tried everything to stop drivers updates by Win10, but without solution. maybe works on few days. Only windows update disable resolve this. 

I got the message too that Fujitsu stops update drivers to Laptops because Windows 10 does to many changes. 

I try yet with MS drivers from WU and I will see yet. 

Regards 

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

Sorry for the confusion as the initial post of thread stated the computer was not supported by Windows 10 and I assumed yours was not also.

Does the computer run okay. If it does then I would not worry about Windows replacing the drivers. You can disable Windows 10 driver update by following this guide.

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

#12 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

I know this guide very well. I try all this step by step. No help unfortunately. 

Now I gave replacinf the drivers and I will see how my machine will work. Before works non stable. Now I have to watching this few days. To many changes in this system. I will see yet in short time. If will be problems still I will be back to win 7. 

Regards 

Edited by Venosaur, 22 December 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Good Luck. You asked me previously what I thought of Windows 10. This is only my personal opinion but I don't like Windows 10. In fact I refuse to install it and after support ends for Windows 7 and 8 I am moving to linux.

#14 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

Many thanks. Good Luck You also. 

When support ends for Windows 7 and Windows 8 ? 

What distro of linux Do You think ? 

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

Windows 7 -  End of Life -  January 14, 2020

Windows  8.1 - End of Life - January 10, 2023

I am looking at Mint Cinnamon and Ubuntu. Ubuntu I already have dual booting with XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users