Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Check Signal Cable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jb48

jb48

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

Computer power supply went out so installed a new one. 2 days later the monitor was froze so I shut the computer down. Rebooted and "No connection, Check signal cable" message on monitor. Tried another monitor, same results. Tried 3 new video cards and two new motherboards and a new power supply with no luck. Totally confused as to why none of these fixed the problem. Any ideas what else to try or what could be causing this problem????

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 13 August 2006 - 10:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

Could you be a bit more specific about:
1) What caused the power supply to fail (your best guess if you don't know)
2) What specific order did you try these things in? And what combinations?
3) Have you checked your RAM? That's about all that's left in the equation (other than the CPU) that could be bad. Did you take precautions to prevent static discharge?
4) Do you get any beeps when the system starts up?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jb48

jb48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. Computer power supply just went dead. The computer would not turn on. First thing we did was replace the power supply and the computer worked for a couple of days. Then found the monitor froze with the Windows message and I could not get it to move so I turned the computer off. Computer came on but the "check signal cable" message appears but it also appears if the computer is not connected and I turn the monitor on. After we received this message we tried two different video carrs and then tried a new motherboard. When none of that worked we ordered another motherboard with on-board video and it still has no signal. When we got the new motherboard we had to buy new ram memory because the old memory would not work in the new mother board. In addition, the computer does not beep when you turn it on. Thanks.

#4 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

Hello and tell me when you press the power button on your computer does the harddrive light flash like its suppost to when loading windows? Also do you get any weird noises from the computer??? last check to make sure the video card is put in stug and check all the wires connecting to the motherboard and make sure they are in tight (BUT NOT TO TIGHT) and try moving the memory thing to differnt slots. AT LEAST TRY! :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users