Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help upgrading to Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julia2020

Julia2020

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 using the free upgrade option. Currently my HP ProBook 6440b is running windows 7. Whenever I try to start the download, I get the loading screen infinitely- I've restarted it a few times and it keeps on loading for hours. Everything's up to date and I checked my disk for errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to get my laptop up and running Windows 10 before going to college (and before the free upgrade expires).  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Try the upgrade by using the media creation tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

#3 One1won

One1won

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

another work around is go to Start in your windows 7 HP Control Panel   and then anytime update   and go online saying 7 but window will show different link for 10 also  Worked for me, was in the same loop myself.

Good luck  make sure, if you do  not like what you get in 10  is to restore back to 7 keep copies of 7 productivity you need    then at anytime you can try update to 10 later free

Good time usage.. if no hic ups    Had 2 machines updating at the same time no problem  about 2 hrs to new look 10 sign in

#4 Julia2020

Julia2020
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

Try the upgrade by using the media creation tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

This seems to have worked! However it's been stuck on checking for updates for about an hour and a half now, is that normal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users