Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bsod / operating system not found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sam9009

sam9009

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

I have a Lenovo U350 laptop. Windows 7 64bit.

I had a blue screen yesterday night.

I turned off the computer and went to sleep.

I tried to turn on my comp this morning and below the copyright info I get:

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

Operating System not found.

Here's what I tried so far:

I went in BIOS and restore defaults. (I noticed in main BIOS HDD Status: None)

I check the hard drive to make sure it wasn't loose.

I booted from an old Bart disk I had to see if I could do something

in CMD. But it won't let me go to the c drive, just d.

I don't remember if I could do anything in d. 

I remember having booting issues in the past with other computers and I would just boot from my Bart disk

and I remember everything working fine after. I just can't remember the commands.

I tried to access this one key rescue system I read about in my Lenovo user guide to see if I can do something

from there. But when I press the key for it  my comp goes to the operating system not found screen.

Usually when the computer doesn't have proper shutoff, the next time I turn it on, the screen that allows me to start in safe mode or the other modes pop up. But that didn't happen. So I tried to access safe mode manually and nothing, just goes to the operating system not found screen. 

I don't have my hard drive backed up so I know I'm probably screwed if it's my hard drive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sam9009

sam9009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

I'm not sure if this matters. When I click F12 to go into bios, it takes me to a screen.

I get 2 options. lan mba v. 12.25 slot 0800 and setup. I have to choose the mba option to go to 

bios. Also when I'm in the bios, the top says Phoenix Securecore setup utility. I don't see the bios anywhere.

I thought in bios it says bios on the top somewhere.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

This is a sign that the system skipped the other devices that it was supposed to boot from and then tried to boot from the network.

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

Operating System not found.

What this usually means is a problem with the hard drive.
Start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Beyond that (and if the diagnostics pass the hard drive), if you'd like help trying to restore the boot files - please post over in the Windows 7 forums for assistance.

I'm not real good with helping to fix boot files (without wiping the system).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users