Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer running very slow suddenly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gorstak

Gorstak

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

I did a FRST64 scan in command prompt after automated repair to save some time, since I'm sorta good with computers. Unfortunately, combofix wont run on my system, so I figured, before I go back to windows 7 or something and run it, I might aswell ask you guys what you think. Please help!

Oh, GMER mentions system32/crss.exe and unknown MBR

I attached the scan result here, since it wont let me paste it, says too long.

edit: also did aswmbr scan

Attached Files

Edited by Gorstak, 25 July 2016 - 09:46 AM.
moved from Windows 10 Support to Malware Removal Logs. FRST logs are allowed only in MRL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:12 PM

Hi Gorstak :)

My name is polskamachina and I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal Forum. I will be helping you with your malware issues.

What follows below are some ground rules for this forum.

I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know. I am in California at GMT-7 hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

• Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
  • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine. Running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, cause unforeseen damage, or system instability.
  • Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
  • I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
  • Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
  • NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
  • NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

Please give me some time to review your situation and I will get back to you with further instructions.

In the meantime, please tell me some more specifics about the way your computer is or isn't functioning?

• Can you boot to normal mode and if so, can you run any programs?

polskamachina

Edited by polskamachina, 30 July 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#3 Gorstak

Gorstak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:28 AM

Oh, the issue is already solved. The problem was I downloaded hp hosts installer and installed it, and every browser I tried to run kept reading enormous amount of data from hosts file. Unce I got hostsman app, it sorted the hosts file to be a lot smaller and now my pc flies. Thank you, and sorry for the trouble.

Edited by Gorstak, 31 July 2016 - 04:28 AM.

#4 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:45 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users