Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Keeps Updating

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Renaitre

Renaitre

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

I have no idea what the heck it's doing but I'll be listening to music and it'll constantly have an arrow with a checkmark right next to the volume option as if something's updating regarding the file I'm currently listening to on repeat. I've done all the solutions while looking up Google search but nothing has worked. I've unchecked all the things the solutions have mentioned and it will still update even though everything is unchecked. (Internet included.)

Can anyone tell me how to stop having WMP do this? I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media Player. I also notice my computer will be a bit sluggish when the media file is "updated" or something along those lines.

Edited by Renaitre, 24 July 2016 - 11:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users