Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer crashes when playing games. (Kernel-power 41)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 haklol

haklol

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:20 PM

I need help. I dont know what is faulty. My PSU, my temps, my GPU, my cpu? I dont know what to do. My temps at idle are 32 degree for my cpu and 31 for my gpu. Thank you! 

Furmark is crashing my computer when i alt-tab and select something else (for exemple google chrome) also my temps are under heavy load something like 70 - 75 degree for my gpu and my cpu is at 55 degree

I have an i7 -4790 

ZOTAC gtx 970 

a 500w power supply. 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

What are the specs of your PSU Brand/Make model #?

#3 haklol

haklol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

It is a RAIDMAX 500w atx12v power model NO: RX-500S (XY-600ATX) 

EDIT : here is a picture with more details http://imgur.com/a/e3ryv

Edited by haklol, 24 July 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:46 PM

Dicussion of tomshardware http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/313340-31-kernel-power-computer-crash-help page might be helpful for you.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

So you have a single 12v+ rail @22 amps total. The video card is 145 watts = P/V (145/12) = 12 amps draw. So you're PSU has plenty power. However, it's possible to draw to much and the PSU will trip with it's overload protection. So that is one thing that can cause it. Check the wiring for shorts bad connectors. Another issue is that the PSU is simply failing to regulate such high ampere draws typically seen during gaming and that could be in your case. Overall you just need to replace the PSU with the same specs single rail 22amps. Another issue that will cause that error is the motherboard is failing. I would suggest testing the PSU or swapping it out for a known good working one. If not you need to buy one to do that. If that isn't the problem then I would suggest next replacing the motherboard.

Edited by technonymous, 24 July 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#6 haklol

haklol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

I dont think the problem is coming from my BIOS unfortunately. I never updated it and my computer has been working fine for about 9 -10 month. It has been a week now that my compute crash(close)  while under heavy graphic load or just heavy load. 

#7 haklol

haklol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

technonymous I will start by changing my PSU. Any good recommendation?  

#8 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

I would go with a Corsair 500watt they run from 50 on up depending on Bronze, Silver, Gold levels of power saving efficiency. Price varies also for modular models, which is nice to clean up the inside of the case with not so many wires than needed. Newgg.com Has a 500watt 80 bronze plus is going for $49.99 and has a 10 dollar rebate. May have to pay for shipping though. If you got a Best Buy or other computer office depot super store near by I would check those save yourself the shipping.

Edit/Tip: Buying local you can return it IF the problem you're having is not PSU related.

Edited by technonymous, 24 July 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#9 haklol

haklol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Is it even worth buying a 750w to ensure I wont get any issue again? 

#10 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

Is it even worth buying a 750w to ensure I wont get any issue again? 

That 750 Corsair is overkill for your system and video card. The 500 Watt Corsair has a 32amp single rail. Plenty power there for your system and video card. However, if you ever do a SLI or Xfire dual video card you need a multiple 12v rail PSU. As I mentioned your PSU you have is likely failing to regulate that power. That is very common in PSU failure.

#11 haklol

haklol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

Ok thank you dude

#12 technonymous

technonymous

• Members