Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is Folder Lock and its encryptionreally secure? Apparently it has major flaws..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: is folder lock actually secure? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

is folder lock secure?

1. is folder lock flawed? (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. is folder lock secure? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cowboymarley

cowboymarley

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:52 PM

I noticed there are youtube videos instructing how to easily break into folder lock.  Whats the point of this program and its heavy duty encryption if its this easy to break into? 

this is the video title on youtube showing a guy easily recovering folder lock content for one of his customers.. 

"Recover from I Forgot Master Password in Folder Lock 7.5"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowboymarley

cowboymarley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

ok.. so I'm looking more closely at the video and how folder lock works and i realized in the video the person simply locked the my documents folder using the lock option in folder lock.. it appears its just a basic lock feature offered by folder lock to lock a folder or file but apparently its not the most secure because if you uninstall folder lock the lock feature dissapears with the program and the folder that was locked becomes visible/accessible again..  Folder lock also contains a feature which actually encrypts the folder or file and I would think that is actually fully secure, i hope? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users