Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help with failed system restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fdm2000

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

I am running Win 7 Home 64 bit and have encountered windows update failure. All suggested fixes have failed to resolve the problem so I tired to run system restore back to a date that I believed would restore the pc to a time when windows update was functional.
The restore also failed with the following window popups appearing: "Unspecified error during system restore 0xc0000022". The other popup tells me that the "program can't start because rtl120.bpl is missing -t ry reinstalling the program to fix the problem". I don't know of the two error messages are related or the missing file mentioned relates to something else?
Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:55 AM

Hello fdm2000, You do not want that , as it seems to be causing your problems.

Direct from Microsoft Forums ....Please read this link below

rtl120.bpl is missing from my computer - Microsoft Community

Also do these to cleanup general corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing
system files.

Start - type this in Search Box ->  COMMAND   find at top and RIGHT CLICK  -  RUN AS ADMIN
Enter this at the prompt - sfc /scannow

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program
generates in Windows Vista cbs.log

Also run CheckDisk so we can rule out corruption as much as possible.
How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Jaycan, 25 July 2016 - 04:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users