Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crash Error on Laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaUser

EnigmaUser

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

While I was on youtube, something caused my computer to crash, and it had to reload.  The error message I got was 0x000001d8.  I have checked some websites, but haven't found a definitive answer as to what this message means.  So far its only happened once today, and I ran bitdefender scan with rkill, and no viruses were found.

Edit: My laptop is relatively new, just 2 weeks old, and runs with windows 10.  

Edited by EnigmaUser, 24 July 2016 - 12:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EnigmaUser

EnigmaUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

I ran windbg on my laptop, and it said the module that caused the crash was Qcamain10x64.  

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

See info at Driver Reference Table - Qcamain10x64.sys

There is no reason to suspect malware given. Likely a driver needing updating or just a minor glitch. If the crashing occurs

again you may want to look further into replacing the driver mentioned.

EDIT:....care to comment on how you chose that screen name? The reason I ask is because a business named Enigma is suing

Bleeping Computer.

Edited by buddy215, 24 July 2016 - 01:27 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 EnigmaUser

EnigmaUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

See info at Driver Reference Table - Qcamain10x64.sys

There is no reason to suspect malware given. Likely a driver needing updating or just a minor glitch. If the crashing occurs

again you may want to look further into replacing the driver mentioned.

EDIT:....care to comment on how you chose that screen name? The reason I ask is because a business named Enigma is suing

Bleeping Computer.

Eh really?  I chose the name enigma, because of the enigma machine in my favorite movie, the imitation game.  I also know of a band called enigma I suppose.  I'll check the mentioned table, thanks bro.

Edit: It says driver not found when I click downloads.  Oh well, I'll just forget about it for now, and if it happens again I may get a check done on the actual drive itself.

Edited by EnigmaUser, 24 July 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Best to get drivers from manufacturers' sites. Windows 10 is supposedly good at updating drivers....

When Flash and Youtube are involved in crashes it is never easy to trace the problem. Not saying Flash was involved.

Thanks for the explanation...I thought it had nothing to do with the company...curiosity satisfied.

Breaking the codes in the Germans' Enigma machines was a tremendous aid in the Allies defeat of Germany.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 EnigmaUser

EnigmaUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, I've always liked cryptography, and Alan Turing's achievements were remarkable, even though he got scarce recognition for them.  Yeah, I can't seem to trace the problem with Flash at all.  I'm pretty sure at this time it was just a glitch, and there's nothing I can do to fix it.  I shouldn't have to update the drive anyways, because this laptop isn't even a month old.  Thanks for the help, it's sad that Enigma Software would sue this site, I would even go so far as to say they're infringing on freedom of speech.  I just started using this site last week, and I honestly think this site is great for helping people with computer issues.

Edited by EnigmaUser, 24 July 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#7 EnigmaUser

EnigmaUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:56 PM

It happened again, and this time I was on mangafox.

Edit: I went on computer management, and went to see if any of my drivers needed updating.  One of the four was updated, so I'll see if that fixes it.

Edited by EnigmaUser, 24 July 2016 - 03:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users