Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New CPU No Post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeis66

Mikeis66

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

I purchesed a AMD-Athlon-II-X-3-435-Triple-Core-2-9GHz-AM3-Processor-ADX435WFK32GI for my MSI-970A-G46 MB.
After installing it I get no video. No boot to bios or nothing at all. The monitor stays in sleep mode. All the blue cpu lights light up. 
I have reseated everything. Reset the bios. Everything runs, fans lights, everything like normal but no post. I have tried all the troubleshooting things like switched the ram to all the different slots, removed EVERYTHING except the graphics card (there is no onboard video). And one stick of ram then two sticks, then three ect. This motherboard manual says the ram has to be in the number two and four slots to work.(I have done that also). I have also purchesed another processor an (AMD-Athlon-II-X-2-3-0-GHz-Dual-Core-250-Processor-ADX250OCK23GQ) thinking the other one might be bad, but I get the same thing. Both processors are listed on the MSI cpu site as ones that are compatible. As long as I leave the one I have installesd right now everything works just fine.This is the cpu I have installed right now- AMD Sempron ™ 145 Processor  2.80 GHZ. I am at a loss as what is wrong.This does have a bios that I am not real familiar with. But I see nothing in it for the cpu except for the overclocking section.
I have tried other forums like the MSI forum and they have no answer. . Thank you for any advice you can offer.
This is my system right now
Motherboard  -MSI-970A-G46 (MS-7693)
Bios 2.8-(This is the latest Bios from MSI)
CPU Brand-- AMD- Model--Sempron 145  --Sargas
Video Card- ATI AMD Radeon HD 5450
Ram 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Kentek 750 w Power Supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

Make sure there are no bent pins on the cpu or socket.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Mikeis66

Mikeis66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

There are no bent pins. I can remove the cpu and put it in the asus mb and it works just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users