Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help finding CMOS battery on Acer Aspire One AO532h

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ldempke

ldempke

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

I know I need to change the cmos battery since the system won't keep time.  I opened it up and am looking at the motherboard and don't see what I expected to see.  I looked underneath too since I was following the Aspire One service guide I found here:  

My system is different than the one in the guide but I expected to be underneath and look similar.  The only thing I see that might be it is on top, showing in the lower left of the photo with the bright blue around it.  Is that it or is it a capacitor? 

If that is it I don't think I can change it myself since it is soldered down to the bracket and the board.  I am not about to solder a lithium battery....plus my soldering skills aren't too pretty.

any help confirming that is it, or steering me to where it is would be greatly appreciated.

Acer Aspire One AO532h circa 2009

Motherboard: Foxconn ML1-H94V-0

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

yes that looks like it to me in the blue circle,

and yes some laptop batteries are soldered in

#3 ldempke

ldempke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:36 PM

Ok I have confirmed that is the battery.  so it is not a slip in slip out type of casing.  I haven't been able to find the battery part separately but I can get that mother board for $40...or a parts/repair motherboard for $20.  The other option is to try to desolder the battery off, figure out what it is, get a new one, than try to resolder it on.  Any suggestions on how to get the new battery on to the MB?  thnaks

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

releasing the solder and soldering is really not that difficult,

just apply a bit of heat from the soldering iron to the joint while trying to gently pull the battery out,

b careful not to apply too much heat at one time or you could damage the board itself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users