Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Filter Keys Nightmare!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mantha065

Mantha065
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

What will that do?

Also we have a new problem: The left shift key does not work, and the right shift key only mostly works. The left shift doesn't work at all for anything (input from it still is registering), and the right shift key seems to not want to work for some things, namely for whatever controls I map it to in games.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

Changing the two registry keys should disable FilterKeys. 

Your problem may be hardware related. Do you have another keyboard available?

#18 Mantha065

Mantha065
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:12 AM

I put both values at 122 and Filter Keys (after coming back on when I restarted the computer to try and fix the shift key problem) is still on (assuming that this time it is indeed Filter Keys). I do have another keyboard, though when I plugged it in and used it, it reacted the same way as the original keyboard. I just don't understand this.

edit--- the other keyboard DOES work. Utilising the on-screen keyboard to see what's going on, The bad keyboard has both shift keys and both ctrl keys locked on.

The old keyboard does not. So this may indeed be a hardware issue.

double edit--- the other keyboard is now exhibiting issues as well. I was told to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows, so I will do that.

Edited by Mantha065, 25 July 2016 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users