Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows crash, new computer.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 systemg33k

systemg33k

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:07 AM

· OS - Windows 10
· x64
· Windows 10
· OEM
· All new hardware
· Fresh install

· AMD FX-8370
· R7 370 Asus Strix
· MSI 970 Gaming
· Corsair CX750

· Generic

· Desktop

I recently built a new computer. Once booted, after a bit it suddenly hangs if watching videos or BSOD doing normal activities. A simple reboot solves problem for time being.

Attached Files

Edited by systemg33k, 23 July 2016 - 03:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding, it's been a busy week at work.

Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.
Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.
I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.
If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.

Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:
- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.
- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).

And here's the analysis:

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

Nor are there any memory dumps listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report

And there is no firm evidence of BSOD's in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

In short, this is most likely a hardware problem - as Windows doesn't appear to recognize this problem.
Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If all of that passes, then continue with this procedure:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version V22.4) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

The only other thing of note that I see are some processor readings that cause me to wonder about:

- the processor (the processor tests in the diagnostics are for this)

- BIOS/UEFI issues (checking for updates are for this)

- temperatures (monitor them with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html )

Normally desktop temps shouldn't exceed (these are maximum temps when the system is under stress):

CPU - 60ºC
GPU - 80ºC
HDD and other components - 40ºC

XXXXX

Edited by usasma, 26 July 2016 - 06:04 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users