Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! No Internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

I just successfully upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 only to find that I couldn't access the internet. I have the drivers for my wifi USB adapter installed which is a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter which I bought like 2-3 months ago and it worked well with Windows 7. The device manager has it listed as working properly and also I can't even find a list of network connections as it says not connected- connections are available. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:03 AM

Just so you all know I have the latest driver software for the adapter which was meant to be compatible with Windows 10.

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:07 AM

Try doing a restart on your machine. Don't choose shutdown..choose restart.

Then when fully loaded and at desktop, click on the words ''  connections are available''

If you then see your connection listed, and it says you are connected but you still cannot get online, click 'disconnect' just under where it lists your connection and then select 'connect' again.

#4 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

Try doing a restart on your machine. Don't choose shutdown..choose restart.

Then when fully loaded and at desktop, click on the words ''  connections are available''

If you then see your connection listed, and it says you are connected but you still cannot get online, click 'disconnect' just under where it lists your connection and then select 'connect' again.

Well I can see the connections and after I insert my security key it goes into verifying and connecting and it won't go away. Please help.

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

Have you tried selecting 'disconnect' and then connecting again?

#6 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

Have you tried selecting 'disconnect' and then connecting again?

Whenever I cancel it then it won't let me go back to try again. Any other suggestions?

Edited by POKEGAMERZ, 23 July 2016 - 01:36 AM.

#7 Cisitech

Cisitech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

go to device manager>right click on the driver> Uninstall> refresh> right click on the driver> update driver> browse my computer> find the installation folder and click  next

#8 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

go to device manager>right click on the driver> Uninstall> refresh> right click on the driver> update driver> browse my computer> find the installation folder and click  next

I think I already have the latest version of the driver which supports Windows 10. I already tried that but it tells me I have the latest driver.

Edited by POKEGAMERZ, 23 July 2016 - 01:59 AM.

#9 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:04 AM

Here is a picture of my WiFi USB driver on my Windows 10 machine-

Attached Files

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

visit the link below to download latest wireless adapter driver and uninstall currently install driver before installing latest driver.

WNDA3100v3 – N600 WiFi USB Adapter—802.11n Dual Band

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDA3100v3.aspx#Software%20Version%201.0.0.10%20(Supports%20Win10)

Posted Image

#11 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:36 PM

Update- I found another way to connect to the internet on Windows 10 using a program I downloaded on my Windows 10 PC and my Android Smartphone called PdaNet which allows me to USB Tether my phone for free and it works. It can not only browse the web well but also can play games like Black Ops 3 online well. The internet speed is actually not that slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users