Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte Motherboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jahness

Jahness

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

I recently bought this Motherboard to upgrade my VERY OLD system. The Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA78LMT-USB3. Yes, I know it's not a high performer and it's an older model but i'm not a gamer. This board has 3 display ports but it won't allow me to use the DVI or HDMI by itself. It only works if I use the 15 pin D-Sub as my main display and one of the other as a second monitor. I only need one monitor. Is there a setting that will enable me to use HDMI or DVI by itself or am I stuck with using the 15 pin only? 
Specs If it helps: AMD FX6300 Black Edition CPU with 16 GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X Series Ram overclocked at 1600MHz

Thank You
John
modify_inline.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

I can't say for sure, but from the user manual it looks a little as if that may be the only option, strange as it seems. The output connect options in BIOS list as Auto, D-SUB/DVI, D-SUB/HDMI. So that does intimate D-SUB might always be the primary. Have you tried setting the manual selection option to whichever digital connection you wish to use just in case?

Other than that, I'd suggest try asking Gigabyte support and see if you get a response.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Jahness

Jahness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:29 AM

I sent them an email through the website but haven't heard anything yet. I asked the tech at the place I got the MB from but his only advice was to install a new GPU and disable the on board video. I just thought it was a little backwards for Gigabyte to do this. I guess I'm going to be installing a new Video Card. Thanks for the response and help.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users