Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 upgrade Issues Broken Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 before the free upgrade ends. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and chose upgrade this PC. The upgrade was going fine until it reached 99% (96% for settings as it got past drivers and the other one. After like 2-3 hours I shut off the PC, waited 10 minutes and turned it back on. The PC then booted up into Windows 10 into the logon screen. I entered my password and clicked next but then the PC just froze and if I click many times it crashes and the computer restarts and it goes through the same cycle over again. Is there a way to fix this without doing a clean install as I do not want to delete any of my files. PLEASE HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:52 PM

Is there also a way to repair my broken install of Windows 10 without having to do a clean install and erase all my files.

#3 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Problem solved. All I had to do was disconnect everything (except keyboard and mouse) from the USB ports and I was able to log on to Windows 10 successfully. Now if I try to log on with everything connected it will still log on. I'm glad that problem is over. The only problem I have now is that there is no internet connection. Can any of U please help me out.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:03 AM

Try posting over in the Networking forums:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Try posting over in the Networking forums:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/

I actually did do another thread with the internet connection and I already solved my problem. What I did was install PdaNet on my Android phone and my Windows 10 computer and I connected my phone to my computer and enabled USB tethering on PdaNet. PdaNet is actually very fast and also works well with Steam games including higher end games like Black Ops 3.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

Sweet!  I'm glad to hear that you've worked it out.
This'll help others who come looking for help with similar problems.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users