Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Windows Keep Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 payton

payton

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

hello

My computer has a problem. When i turn it starts and goes to the windows login. when i type in my password it checks it and such ,and then all of a sudden reboots. I tryed fixing this reboot problem by using my windows home edition cd to do a recovery of my boot files. Now it lets me login I get to my background and my icons are all there. then it restarts.

The computer is new and has worked for 3 months

help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

Have you tried to see if you can get your computer to stay on in safe mode?

Safe mode steps....

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Did you change anything just prior to this problem? Also, reply back with the make and model of your computer.(if it is a brand name)
JC

#3 payton

payton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

I fixed the problem. It is now booting up normally like it used to. I had to rearange my systems boot prioritys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users