Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stuck updates

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tlssio

tlssio

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

I am working on a Toshiba satellite C655-s5132 laptop. Currently the problem is that it is stuck on two updates. KB 3126587, and KB2468871. It also will not let me install any IE browsers i am running IE 8 and can not upgrade.

I have tried several fixes to no avail. first i did a clean boot and turned off the virus protection, I ran Malwarebytes, Hitman pro, and adware cleaner.I ran SFC there were no problems. ran two update repair tools from Microsoft, KB947821, and KB3102810. At first windows update would not run at all after turning off the service and manualy installing some updates it started working there were 120 updates waiting to be installed they all installed ok except the two net framework ones i have mentioned. i did a repair on net framework 4 then uninstalled and reinstlled it no help I even tried a repair install of windows 7 but that failed. HELP! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:03 PM

system restore is your best friend

#3 tlssio

tlssio
  • Topic Starter

• 156 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:07 PM

restored to two different dates no help also created a new user no help. sorry i forgot to mention that i had done that. I am hoping someone can help me run Farbar .

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

run chkdsk /f /r from command prompt,

if that doesnt work,

repair the system using a windows 7 bootable cd,

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

It also will not let me install any IE browsers i am running IE 8 and can not upgrade.

You can try installing IE 11 from the standalone versions...choose either the 32-bit or 64-bit, based on your Win 7.  See https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-details.aspx .

Problems trying to update may be related to lack of an updated IE and current Windows Update Agent.

Update Windows Update Agent.

Louis

#6 tlssio

tlssio
  • Topic Starter

• 156 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:06 PM

I did the chkdsk no problems found. when i did a repair install i got the message "windows could not update the computers boot configuration" I have already tried a stand alone installer for IE it did not work.

Edited by tlssio, 22 July 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#7 tlssio

tlssio
  • Topic Starter

• 156 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Problem solved I had to do a repair install from the install disk now everything works 125 updates down loaded and IE 11 installed. Thanks every one who helped.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Thank you for providing feedback on your solution.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users