Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow loading tabs are crashing my wireless router every time.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MantisToboggan

MantisToboggan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook appears to be crashing my wireless router remotely. If a tab is taking a few seconds to load, or something within a tab is buffering, like a video on Netflix, the router automatically resets. I know for sure the router is shutting off, because all of my other devices (phone, tablet) instantly lose their connection as well. 

The router restarts and everything returns to normal after I close whatever tab it was that was being slow. It happens with every browser as well (Chrome, Firefox, IE). This has never happened before a few hours ago. I updated my drivers and got nothing. Did the old "unplug router for a few seconds" thing and got nothing. I have no idea why this is happening. Anybody ever heard of this before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmart14

cmart14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hey,

I had this problem a while back as well. Seems like your router might be on the last stages of its life or it could be you're having some technical issues with that website...maybe you should consider buying a new router. 

I'll give you some suggestions in case you are considering it. 

The NETGEAR AC750 is one of my favorites. In your case, the Netgear Genie App the router provides you with might come in good use to you. It's also relatively cheap. Let me know if this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users