Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cryptolocker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sebastian_pal

sebastian_pal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

hello my name is sebastian !
please help !!! i left one day my PC on and left to work and unfortunately i had my 2 TB external hard drive connected . when i came home i found cryptolocker and immediately i remove the external drive and remove the virus, but i have bleep loads of encrypted files on this external drive. i the meant time i change the internal hard drive of my PC and i have a new windows working perfectly but i still can't decrypt my files :( . as soon as i saw the virus i check YouTube on how to solve my problem but at the time was no solution for it . now i can see that great minds managed to solve the problem but i can't and i don't know how to decrypt my files from my external hard drive !
please help me

Edited by hamluis, 21 July 2016 - 04:46 PM.
Moved from Introductions to Ransomware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

The original CryptoLocker Ransomware which first appeared in the beginning of September 2013...does not exist anymore and hasn't since June 2014. There are many copycat ransomware variants which pretend to be or use the CryptoLocker name but those infections are not the same.

In order for anyone to assist you, we need to identify specifically what ransomware infection you are dealing with.

Are there any file extensions appended to or with your data files?... Did you find any ransom note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder for an image the malware typically uses for the background note. Check the C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for a randomly named .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance. If ID Ransomware cannot identify the infection, you can post the case SHA1 it gives you in your next reply for Demonslay335 to manually inspect the files.

Example screenshot:
2016-07-01_0936.png

Samples of any encrypted files, ransom notes or suspicious executables (installer, malicious files, attachments) that you suspect were involved in causing the infection can be submitted here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=168) with a link to this topic.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users