Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to replace the hard drive in a Toshiba Satellite C55 C5241?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KArthur92

KArthur92

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

I am trying to replace the standard mechanical hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite C55 C5241 with a SSD. This is the laptop:

https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-C55-C5241-Laptop-Intel/dp/B010SBAJDS

This is the SSD I am trying to put in the laptop:

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-CS1311-120GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B019H3B3P6/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469135247&sr=1-2&keywords=PNY+SSD

This is a picture of the hard drive in the laptop after removing the bottom plate:

13a87a40f3.jpg

I stopped right here, since I am unsure of how to remove this hard drive. I don't want to fiddle around with it and potentially screw something up. I can't seem to find a manual for this particular model instructing how to replace the hard drive or a video with a laptop of a similar design. The only manual I could find was a 170+ page one which provided no instructions on removing the hard drive from the laptop.

This is a picture of the laptop with the bottom plate removed if it helps at all:

Overview_of_Toshiba_Satellite_C55_C5241.

Anyone have a clue on how to remove this or has had experience with this particular model or laptops with a similar design as to the hard drive mounting? It seems that I have to do something with those rubber latches, but I don't want to mess with it just to consequently render installing the hard drive in the motherboard impossible. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Edited by hamluis, 21 July 2016 - 06:52 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

Try removing the two black rubber things at the back of the drive (on the right), then slide the drive back to disconnect it from the connector (on the left).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users