Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Got strange website when I tried getting to twitter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shenoute

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

I was trying to get to Twitter. By luck of the keystroke, I end up accidentally doing a Google search (on Chrome) for Twitter instead of going to a bookmark, and so I just clicked the topmost link, which was listed as Twitter.com. Except, my computer (a Mac, recently upgraded to OSX El Capitan, last night, in fact) gets hung up for a while, only to get sent to this site:

This is rather confusing, and I'm worried I may have some sort of browser hijacker. I've never heard of this site. 

There are two possible explanations by my reckoning for this:

1: I downloaded a Udacity extension this morning, for Chrome, through the Chrome extension, called

Udacity Front End Feedback

Only thing is, I made a point to disable the extension when I was done for the day at UDacity, and I had done so hours before this came up.

2: The second explanation is that I was messing around with alternate DNS servers, and added Google's DNS servers, and OpenDNS's servers to my DNS server lists. I have reset my DNS server table to default settings after seeing this redirect. Since then, I seem to be sent back to Twitter again if I click on that first link.

Probably not the best course of action, as I should have recorded the actual IPs I used before removing them, but I believe I was using these:

I have yet to get this site for anything besides this instance for Twitter, but I am reluctant to just go traipsing about on the wrong part of the internet by further exploring into this site, and risk further problems. Hopefully this was nothing, or at least would come to something I can fix.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

According to WOT its reletively safe but you cant be sure because sites like Putlocker are listed as safe which they are not (except if you have an adblocker (atleast according to my experience))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users