Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Professional OEM Invalid For Activation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GibFTW

GibFTW

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:13 AM

I recently installed a copy of Windows 7 on my ASUS laptop and it says my key is invalid for activation, even though I just activated the same key and version of Windows 7 on my main computer. If you require any additional information about the computer itself, tell me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:21 AM

If I am understanding you correctly it sounds like you are trying to use the same key on two separate computers, which Microsoft does not allow.

utl8q0-5.png

#3 mr.meyer

mr.meyer

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

Microsoft allows only one copy of windows with one key, if you want to put a copy of the same windows on another computer then you must buy another key.

#4 GibFTW

GibFTW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

If I am understanding you correctly it sounds like you are trying to use the same key on two separate computers, which Microsoft does not allow.

But I have done it before. In fact I have my key running on one other computer. I doubt that that is the issue.

#5 mr.meyer

mr.meyer

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

Doubt if you wish but that is more than likely the issue, call Microsoft and activate by phone, let us know how that works out for you.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

But I have done it before. In fact I have my key running on one other computer. I doubt that that is the issue.

Are the computer's the same make and model such as Dell and the disk was included with the computer?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

As stated...the simple answer is...with the key activated on one system, MS will not activate the same license on a different system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users