Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What ISPs use British call centres?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The-Administrater

The-Administrater

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:04 AM

Been having trouble with my internet for the last few weeks. Since I posted my other thread in the service providers forum, it has got even worse. Several calls have been made to talktalk, and because they use foreigners for customer support, there is difficulty in communication which results in poor service. Anyway they claim that our internet will be back up to normal after 10 days as the exchange dials in to our router or some BS.

Anyway I want to change my provider as well as upgrade from ADSL to fibre broadband. Several online checks have stated that I can get fibre at my address. My question is what ISP can I go to that uses English people for customer support?

BT are too crap (friends experience)

Talktalk I wanna get away from

Virgin doesnt do my area

Plusnet are apparently very crap.

Sky like to trick people into paying out hidden charges and are a rip off in general

But then if you google any ISP reviews, they all bias towards uselessness. I guess people only post reviews when their experience is bad. So I am at a loss for choice really.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ethan_PCG

Ethan_PCG

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

If I were you I would go to BT. I have Virgin Media, but I know some people who use BT broadband and they don't have anything wrong with it. I would give BT a try if I were you. 

Plusnet and TalkTalk aren't that good in my opinion. In my opinion, I think that Virgin Media is the best ISP, but Virgin doesn't do you area which is a shame.. 

Edited by Ethan_PCG, 21 July 2016 - 12:49 PM.

"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users