Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1st icon on laptop remain selected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 novaXM

novaXM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

Hello,

when ever i open my laptop( lenovo ideapad z510) the 1st icon remain selected and every time i click on something else, 1st icon open. it seems like mouse pad is stuck or something. it happens with pdf or webpages too, it get stuck at the top, even if i forcibly try to scroll down it goes up.

It started happening few days back after there was an update to my current windows 10 OS . so i removed that update but problem persisted and later i degraded back to windows 8 and then upgraded again to windows 10, but still facing the same problem.

when i press tab or windows key the problem remains dormant for sometime and everything start functioning normal but after 5-10 mins. it resurfaces again. 

with exams around the corner its really frustrating.

plz help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stancestans

Stancestans

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:12 AM

Hi :hello:

Sounds like a stuck key on the keyboard. I can reproduce exactly what you describe by holding the Pg Up (page up) key. Press that key several times to loosen it if it's stuck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users