Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long lasting internet issues.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Detrax

Detrax

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

Ever since I moved into my new home our internet has been awful to say the least. However, it got worse as time went on leading to ping spikes of 1000+ and download speeds of under 1MB. I had just gotten around to calling my internet provider and got them to come out, get a direct connection from my PC to the router and they even hooked me up with a better deal for internet. Things went well for a while but starting last week the ping spikes of 1000+ have come back, even more frequently and stay for longer. That is why I am coming to this forum. I've tried to trouble shoot this issue and I'm not entirely sure if it's a problem on my side or my providers side.I've called my internet provider many times and they are no help, and restarting my router has had no long term effects either. If any of you have any idea on what can cause this or how to resolve the issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regular internet speed:

Attached File  Regular.png   287.84KB   0 downloads

I will say that even though it says I get 24ms and 11MB down speed, this is never the case and generally get 60ms and 2MB down speed.

Internet speed with problems:

Attached File  Awful.png   279.53KB   0 downloads

Again, this is not accurately describing the ping and down speed I get while the spike is happening, because on platforms such as Steam, CSGO and League of Legends it displays me getting 1000+ ping and extremely low down speeds.

Below is the list of my required info:

Make and model:

Attached File  5604f0759e003887f6e2b5c733b3ecdc.png   27.2KB   0 downloads

Wired or Wireless:

Wired

Make and model of router:

I believe it is a 3801hgv 2wire dsl modem/router

Type of internet:

DSL

Mini tool box for good internet:

Attached File  MTB.txt   30.47KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)