Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

administrator problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leo009

leo009

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I hope to find a solution to my problem. whenever I try opening my antivirus program (avast internet security) I get the following message: " your system administrator has blocked this program. for more information, contact your system administrator."  and this is the only account I use on this computer so im guessing I already am the system administrator.

I hope you guys can help me out, thanks.

PS: my knowledge in computing is quite limited. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

If this is the only program that warns you it's  possible some malware changed the registry to prevent avast from running. If this is Home and not Pro look under these registry keys. If avast is listed delete the avast entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

#3 leo009

leo009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

I have windows 8.1 pro. I took a look in those registry keys but the name of the program wasn't there.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

Can you do a repair install? Go to Control Panel and select avast > uninstall. It should give you the option to do a repair install. If that does not work reinstall avast.

If you do not have Malwarebytes currently installed I would install it and scan your computer.

#5 leo009

leo009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

ok I did a restore of my computer and at this time I don't have the antivirus installed anymore. now I have problems with virus so Im going to post in the security section. thanks for the help john ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users